Thank you for visiting the Vallarta Yacht Club Membership Information page. The Club is actively seeking new members and we hope you are interested in joining us.
There are many reasons folks choose to join our club:
- Our fun social functions and opportunities to meet warm and friendly people with similar interests in the only affordable, world class Yacht Club on Mexico's West coast.
- Our comfortable, air conditioned club house with a warm friendly staff, in a clean, secure, beautiful setting in Paradise Village Marina in Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, just a few miles from Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay.
- Our Nautical activities in one of the premier sailing, fishing and cruising areas in the world. We offer world class regattas, frequent races, cruises, a fishing club, fishing tournaments and Seminars on a wide range of topics.
- Our Community Activities and Benefits, such as our annual Cruisers Chili Cook-off and VYC Art & Wine Festival
- Frequent social activities including cards, dominoes, bingo, BBQ's, movie night, parties and other special events, see our Club Calendar for our current schedule.
- Our excellent, but inexpensive Restaurant and Bar
- Our clean, comfortable Club facilities, offering Internet WiFi, satellite TV, pool, hot tub, showers & locker room, club panga and laser sailboats
- Our World Class Junior Sailing Program
- Our Radio Group with an active, in club, station hosting a daily cruisers net and offering seminars and monthly amateur radio exam sessions from November through April.
- Weekly card, domino and Bingo tournaments
- Frequent classes and seminars on a diversity of subjects from Beading to Marine Radios and Computers
- Our Vallarta Yacht Club logo sportswear shop
- Our local businesses member discounts at restaurants; charter boats; stores and yes, even motorcycles.
- Reciprocal privileges with Reciprocal Yacht Clubs (if your club is not yet listed, please contact our Membership Chair, Bonnie Fearis via the VYC Office (email@example.com )
- Our newly revitalized website to help you keep up with all the happenings, whether you're here in Banderas Bay or just wishing you were here!
What are the Membership Levels?
There are seven classes of membership to fit nearly every situation and budget. Prices are effective November 1, 2009.
What level is best for you depends entirely on your cruising/travel plans.
If you are only going to be in Banderas Bay for a short period and not returning every year, than you will find Reciprocal Associate or Associate levels the most cost effective. If you will be here over a multi-year period, than Flag level will be the most cost effective.
If you value having reciprocal priveleges with other Yacht Clubs, Flag would be your starting point.
If you are a full time resident of Banderas Bay and if pay your dues in advance, you get a full calendar year for only 8,000 Pesos. So you pay for 10 months and get credit for all twelve!
The levels of membership are:
- Gold Flag memberships are limited in number and require a 6,750 Peso initiation fee and 800 Pesos per month dues while members are in the area using the Club facilities, with a 2 month per year minimum. Gold Flag members provide a provide a $1500 USD Donation to the Club in return for 15 percent discount on all food and beverages and other specified privileges. plus reciprocal privileges at international yacht clubs where agreements exist, full voting rights and a special flag burgee.
- Flag memberships are available for a 6,750 Peso initiation fee and 950 Peso per month dues while members are in the area using the Club facilities, with a 4 month per year minimum. Flag members enjoy full privileges at VYC, reciprocal privileges at international yacht clubs where agreements exist, full voting rights and a special flag burgee.
- Associate memberships are available for a 2,700 Peso annual membership fee and 950 Peso per month dues while members are in the area using the Club facilities.
- Reciprocal Associate memberships are offered to members of internationally recognized yacht clubs who are here on a short-term basis. Reciprocal Associate membership requires 950 Peso per month dues while using the club facilities for a maximum of 2 months. No initiation or annual fee is required if you are in Banderas Bay for 2 months or less per year. If a Reciprocal Associate member decides to extend their stay, they may pay a 1,350 Peso membership fee and continue paying dues for up to one year or they may upgrade to a Associate or Flag membership. After their first year, they may continue at Reciprocal Associate level if in the bay 2 months or less. Otherwise they may upgrade to Associate or Flag membership at the then current initiation rates.
- Corporate & Mega Yacht memberships. We have a special program for Corporate and Big Boat memberships. There are two levels of membership, with 5 or less crew/employees and 6 or more. With five crew or less, 8,400 Pesos (2,700 Pesos annual membership fee plus 950 Pesos a month dues - six month min) renewable monthly at 950 Pesos per month after 6 months when present in the Banderas Bay area. With six or more 15,150 Pesos (9,450 Pesos annual membership fee plus a 950 Peso month dues - six month min) renewable monthly at 950 Pesos a month after 6 months, when present in the Banderas Bay area. Benefits include reciprocal privileges at internationally recognized yacht clubs when agreement exists; Standard burgee rights; Limited Membership Privileges, no voting or property rights.
- Youth memberships are also available to members of our Junior Sailing Program. See that program for more information.
- Honorary memberships are provided to distinguished representatives of the international yachting community and leaders in local government and business who have consistently further the goals of the Vallarta Yacht Club.
*Annual Dues Minimum Months and Associate Renewal Fees are calculated from your membership anniversary date.
How Do I Join?
It’s easy to join Vallarta Yacht Club. Simply download the membership application below, complete and e-mail it back to us, or make your Membership Request. If you are not in the area, the best way to pay is electronically from our Pay/Donate. If you are in the area, stop by the club, say hello, pick up a membership form, order a Cerveza, complete and hand it one of our officers or staff.
Additional information about Membership can be obtained by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +52 (322) 297-2222.
Membership Application Form:
Preferred: Please use our Online Application form
|< Anterior||Siguiente >|