The opening lines of “A funny thing happened on the way to the forum” …
Something familiar, Something peculiar, Something for everyone: A comedy tonight!
Like a comedy, VYC events are Fun! Being part of the team that puts on each event is fun too. Here is a list of some of the events and the roles our helpers play to make them happen.
Events and Planners
- Opening Day – Commodore
- Fall Junior Program Fund-Raiser – November - Junior Program
- Regata de Revolucion - Junior Program, Race Committee
- Banderas Bay Blast – Latitude 38, Race Committee
- Great Chili Cook-off – Jim & Marilyn Moxin
- Navidad en la playa - December 25 - Informal “Cruise Out to Las Animas” Andy & Randy
- Vallarta Cup – January - Sail Events Committee, Race Committee
- WesMex (Signature Event) – February - Sail Events Committee, Race Committee
- VYC Fundraiser - February - Dee Cockerham
- VYC Cruise – February - Afloat Activites Committee
- La Manzanilla Regatta – February - Afloat Activites Committee, Race Committee
- Junipero Serra Rally - from La Paz & Mazatlan to Banderas Bay Regatta
- Banderas Bay Regatta (Signature Event) – March – Sail Events Committee, Race Committee
- All Volunteers Luncheon – Bill & Cynthia Noonan
- Spring Fling Series: Afloat Activites Committee, Race Committee
- Fashion Show –
- Moonlight Madness (Full Moon Fun events) – Ashore and Afloat Committees – Ideas Welcome!
- Beer Can races (bi weekly fun events) – TBD – Afloat Committee, Race Committee
- Dine & Dash events – TBD - Afloat Committee, Race Committee
- Jr. Sailing periodically scheduled races, regattas – TBD – Junior Program, Race Committee
- Jr. Sailing Clinics – TBD – Junior Program
- Fishing Frenzy – TBD – Afloat Committee
- VYC Concert Series – Entertainment Committee
- Yachtsman’s Luncheons –
- Game Days/Bingo -
- Cigars Under the Stars –
- Ham Exams - Radio Club
- Pacific Puddle Jump Seminars –
Event Planners / Hosts: Plan parties and have fun doing it. Adopt an event or create your own!
Merchandisers: What would you like to see for sale? Have an idea for fresh art work? Have a favorite color?
Public Relations: Do you have Web skills? Know Joomla? IT experience? Promotion ideas welcome! We need paper hangers (flyer and poster distribution) Radio Net reminders outside the Banderas Bay Area, are you chatty? Would you like to be a VYC Ambassador at Baja HaHa events in the USA?
Gourmets / Sommeliers: Help plan and prepare meals for OTW crews. Select wines for the Club, Share new VYC menu item ideas. Menu planning for events
Fashionistas: Fashion Models, Come strut your stuff! Help select outfits for the show.
Bartenders: Serve drinks at the Great Chili Cook-off, and for the Banderas Bay Regatta Welcome Party
Emcees / Announcers: Everything from calling Bingo, to auctioneering, to awards parties, and On The Water commentary.
Sales: Meet and greet your friends selling event tickets. Sell Logo items before and during events like BBR and WesMex
Hospitality: Hosts and greeters for events, Sponsor hospitality, and Volunteer Hospitality. Information desk, Event Registration, Crowd Control, people herding
On The Water Support: Race Committee, Handicapping, Shore Support
We have opportunities galore! If you see something that you are good at and want to help, please let us know! If we’ve missed something please tell us!
What do you see that might be fun?