Published: Thursday, 19 April 2012 10:29
Yes, there are Angels - right here in Vallarta! PVAngels is an organization committed to uniting charity and the community - helping people learn about charitable organizations, events and news, in their own words ... "the dream of PVAngels is to create an atmosphere of pulling together in making our perfect little corner of the world a better - and better known - place." Visit their website PVAngels, and check out their calendar of local events all around the Bay.
Published: Friday, 23 March 2012 06:49
The Bucerias Bilingual Community Center is looking for a few helpers! Teachers, Entrepeneurs, Volunteers, sign on for a fulfilling way to enrich the lives of those in the local community. BBCC Volunteers are unpaid; BBCC Entrepreneurs charge a fee for their services and donate 20% of their take to the BBCC. Everyone wins!
The BBCC is looking for people to work in the following capacities:
1. Gathering, packaging and disseminating welcome wagon portfolios to people who do airport pickups. Package will include John Forget’s map of Bucerias, brochures from Amigos de Bucerias, Biblioteca Rey Nayar, Investatours, BBCC and other charitable organizations as they become participants of the Charity Coalition.
2. English Teachers and English Teacher Helpers
3. Photographers for Special Events
4. Cocineras/Cocineros Chefs to teach international and Mexican regional cooking classes
5. Mexican Dance Classes (Salsa, Ranchero, etc.)
6. Mexican History Classes
7. Financial Literacy Classes
8. Nutrition Classes
9. Classes on Mexican Health Issues (e.g., diabetes)
10. Classes on Growing Your Own Fruit & Veggies